2019 MPMA-Great Lakes Conference
February 20-24, 2019
The Henry, Dearborn, MI
Click here to learn more
Podiatists needed for Special Olympics Foot Screenings
Special Olympics Fit Feet® is a podiatric screening for participating Special Olympics athletes evaluating ankles, feet, lower extremity biomechanics, and proper shoe and sock gear. Fit Feet also provides referrals for those participating Special Olympics that require follow up services.
The objectives of Fit Feet include:
· Increase access to foot care for Special Olympics athletes, as well as all people with intellectual disabilities.
· Raise podiatrists’ awareness of foot concerns of people with special needs including difficulties involved in accessing treatment.
· Provide a list of regional podiatrists who care for people with special needs to all athletes who participate in the Special Olympics Fit Feet program.
· Develop a body of knowledge about proper foot care of children and adults with special needs.
Special Olympics Michigan conducts Fit Feet screenings three times a year at various State Events:
· State Winter Games: February 5-7, 2020; Traverse City, MI
· State Basketball Finals: March 13-14, 2020; Grand Rapids,
· State Summer Games: May 28-30, 2020; Mt. Pleasant, MI
IF YOU CAN HELP AT ANY OF THESE EVENTS, PLEASE CONTACT: Chris Morrisroe, [email protected], 248.666.3897