Are you concerned about the future of the podiatric profession and the regulations and legislation facing it? The Michigan Podiatric Action Society (MPAS) and American Podiatric Medical Association Political Action Committee (APMAPAC) are your opportunities to directly influence and shape the future of the podiatric profession.
- MPAS is MPMA’s political action committee (PAC). It stands for Michigan Podiatric Action Society. MPAS is made up of individual contributions from MPMA members and given to campaign committees of individual legislators (i.e. Rep. Scott Hughes) and campaign committees of entire caucuses (i.e. House Democrats).
- MPAS cannot accept contributions from businesses or corporations and cannot give contributions to businesses or corporations.
- PAC’s have strict reporting requirements for both associations and the legislators receiving the funds.
- MPAS is the preferred place for MPMA to make political contributions.
- MPMA’s management firm, Kindsvatter, Dalling & Associates (KDA) has an in-house staff member responsible for ensuring MPMA is correctly reporting all MPAS’ donations and contributions.
- Click here to contribute to the MPMA-MPAS online
- Click here to print off a contribution form
- The American Podiatric Medical Association Political Action Committee’s purpose is to raise and disburse funds to candidates for Federal office that support the legislative priorities and goals of the podiatric medical profession.
- American Podiatric Medical Association Political Action Committee (APMAPAC) is funded by voluntary contributions. You have the right to refuse to contribute without reprisal. Contributions will be used for political purposes. Federal law requires us to use our best efforts to collect and report the name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employer of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in a calendar year. The recommended contribution amounts are only suggestions. You may give more or less than the suggested amounts. American Podiatric Medical Association will not favor or disadvantage anyone by reason of the amount of their contribution or their decision not to contribute.
- Contributions to APMAPAC are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes.
- Click here to learn how to contribute to APMAPAC online
Do Not Contribute to MPAS
by Dr. Jeffrey Frederick, Past-President MPMA
Why waste your money contributing to the only organizational effort that has a chance of making a difference in your professional life? Why should you make a change in your past behavior toward improving Podiatric Medicine by contributing?
Political action, getting legislators to understand our frustrations locally, here in Michigan should be everyone’s priority. Ultimately, it is these legislators that can and will make a difference in how you practice and ultimately in your lives.
We know from our history, the only thing that can impact our future is political action. So, why do most of our colleagues continue to ignore a pathway to a better future? Wouldn’t your life and practice be better if insurance companies could not discriminate against your medical degree? What if there was a time limitation on how far back audits could reach? Wouldn’t that in it self be worth something to you?
The plan is simple; if each of us contributed $50 toward our future we would raise over $22,000. Begin right now, just do it. Click on the link above and make your contribution! Why should 20% of us carry the burden on our shoulders for the 80% that fail to participate in our future? Yearly contribution to MPAS should be your offices protocol to success.
Government Affairs Updates
For updates on Government Affairs issue, please click here (MPMA Members only - login required)