MPMA Supports the American Diabetes Association
MPMA announces their support of the American Diabetes Association with a yearlong sponsorship.
One of the main goals of the MPMA is to educate the public (especially those with diabetes) on foot care to prevent unnecessary complications. Working alongside the ADA, MPMA members will come in direct contact with those that truly benefit from their advice and expertise.
MPMA will support the ADA’s public events with educational material and member physicians on-site advice. The largest of these events include:
When: June 15 to June 20, 2014 and June 22 to June 27, 2014
Ages: 8 to 17 years
Where: Camp Copeniconic (10407 N. Fenton Road | Fenton, Michigan 48430
The Detroit Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes is taking place at the Detroit Zoo on Saturday, September 13, 2014.
Check-in begins at 8 a.m.
Opening ceremonies begin at 9 a.m.
The walk begins at 9:15 a.m.
MPMA members are encouraged to volunteer their time at these events and to form bike and walking teams. Individual offices may wish to promote these events and the MPMA support to patients. Promotional materials are available. Contact Chris Morrisroe (Link
- May ask for ADA brochures for patients
- Promote the Tour and Walk with brochures and posters – encourage patients to form teams
- Join the MPMA team to ride or walk at the events
- Volunteer to be on site at ADA and MPMA events
- Keep updated on opportunities at MPMA.org and through other MPMA communication channels